Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Silence


Today was my retreat day. In such a large city it is hard to find a quiet place. If it's quiet, it probably means it isn't safe since no one is around.

Everywhere I went today was busy. I finally turned into a park up in the mountains outside the city. There was no one around. I pulled over to the side of the road, surrounded by pine trees. I turned off the car. Silence. Not even a rustle. No birds, no wind, no cars, no people.

In the silence it is so much easier for praise to come from my lips. It is so much easier to listen to God. In those minutes peace and joy comes. I need more of that...or at least more often.

And then come those special gifts from God - a hummingbird comes up next to the car, a slight breeze rustles the trees, and a bird's song is heard. My praise joins His creation in praising Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment