Saturday, September 17, 2011

Bad Blogger, But Learning

Well, it's been five months since my last blog. Obviously since writing is not my 'thing', blogging isn't either. During the past few weeks I've done a lot of writing, though. I sent some letters, sent postcards, sent e-mails, set up a website (www.pazpraises.com), and now the blog.

I used to be a really disciplined person, but not any more. I've been struggling with it for a while now.

My lack of discipline started when I was just outright tired of doing a lot of things that just had to be done. I got caught up in the 'have to' list. I got even more discouraged when I tried to eliminate and realized there wasn't much I could delegate, live without doing, or postpone. It was overwhelming.

During that time I read Esther's story again. I thought Esther didn't necessarily like the situation she was in, but she did what she had to do. I could relate. But from there I failed. I had an attitude. I was angry. I was tired.

It doesn't really tell us what Esther felt, but everything she did and said showed courage, faith, and respect. Ouch! When I feel discouraged, afraid, or frustrated do I give into those feelings or do I seek God and allow Him to lift me above those feelings?

In these last few weeks as I struggled through writing, I worked on my attitude of "I hate writing" to focus more on trying to be obedient to God, being thankful for the many people that we need to communicate with, and to praise God for having things to share.

Of course, it doesn't hurt to include photos with my writings so that I have the encouragement of a happy smile, a beautiful flower, or amazing colors to remind me to be thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment