I have been feeling a little guilty about my sad blog that has no activity. The thing is, I really hate to write (and it is evident in my writing, usually). It takes a great deal of effort and time to get my newsletter out each month. Therefore, why do I have a blog? Well, it was supposed to be to keep people updated on our activities since we are so far from friends and family. It was also to share about what God is doing around us, in us, and through us.
After nearly five years of writing newsletters, at least bi-monthly, it doesn't get any easier. BUT I have found that it is extremely important. It's not just because it keeps people updated on what we're doing, but (this is hard to admit) it is because it actual forces me to think. I fly through my days...doing my Bible study, having prayer time, fixing meals, doing laundry, helping with homework, etc. The one thing that doesn't happen enough in my days is thinking. Not just thinking about what to fix for dinner, but the kind of thinking that leaves room for God to speak. I need more of that, so I'm going to schedule blog time. Even if I get nothing written at least I'll have had some thinking time...And maybe you'll hear a little more about what God is doing around us, in us and through us!
After nearly five years of writing newsletters, at least bi-monthly, it doesn't get any easier. BUT I have found that it is extremely important. It's not just because it keeps people updated on what we're doing, but (this is hard to admit) it is because it actual forces me to think. I fly through my days...doing my Bible study, having prayer time, fixing meals, doing laundry, helping with homework, etc. The one thing that doesn't happen enough in my days is thinking. Not just thinking about what to fix for dinner, but the kind of thinking that leaves room for God to speak. I need more of that, so I'm going to schedule blog time. Even if I get nothing written at least I'll have had some thinking time...And maybe you'll hear a little more about what God is doing around us, in us and through us!
Thanks for sharing... I will be glad to read more! Pictures are always very insightful, too. -Freya-
ReplyDelete